Wednesday 5 March 2014

Six word memoir #1- Confession

 
1) How does the image and the words fit together?
This picture is the most memorable picture I can look back on. When choosing words it was hard to depict the feeling and emotion that this picture contained in only six short words. Ultimately I went with something very simple. This moment and these words wrap up my entire experience over seas by connecting the love I felt for the people in Kenya, the work that I did there, and ultimately my heart still being there because my work in Kenya is yet to be finished. Augustine, the girl in this photo specifically holds a special piece in my heart as she is the one that made me fall in love with serving other people. The idea of leaving your heart somewhere is about having a special connection to a certain place, it's something that will never leave you, something that changed you as a person. My life is for ever changed because of this moment, and these words are just a glance into the emotion I felt in this moment. 

2) What editing techniques did you performed on the photo? Why?
This photo didn't really require a lot of editing but I did use photoshop to enhance the colours, and make the photo more saturated. This photo in particular I placed a heavy value on keeping it as close to the original money as I could. I think that having a raw and realistic aspect to your photo is something that should be valued just as much if not more then adding numerous effects. From there I used my favourite photo editing app Studio to add the words, and the photo credit. Other than those few manipulations there is no difference from the photo to the actual moment. 

(3) How did you use punctuation to clarify your message?
In this particular sentence I chose simplicity over complexity. I think that I chose to end my sentence with a period because I wanted to keep my message clear and refrain from overthinking the meaning of my six word memoir. I wanted people to focus more on how much emotion and love was in the photo rather than dwell on the words themselves. Like famously said a picture says a thousand words, that's exactly the dynamic I am going after. Another reason I chose the simplicity of the period is to portray the childlike and innocent mood of this photo. When you are in an environment that is full of poverty and you get to experience happiness it's hard not to feel childlike, and innocent all over again. Children are simple, and innocence isn't complex if you don't over thinking it, therefore I wanted to stay true to that mood by choosing a single period.

No comments:

Post a Comment