Monday 17 March 2014

Six word memoir #5- Love


(1) How does the image and the words fit together?
This photo is more of a literal representation of a more metaphorical concept. What I wanted to achieve with this statement is showing how powerful love is beyond just our own relm of thinking. Love is such a loosely used word and I wanted to allow my viewers to think of love outside of how they see it in our society. Love has the ability to change the world, and to radically change the so corruption our world sees. I took this photo on my family trip to Colorado last spring break, in the Garden of the Gods. I added some effects on Photoshop to make the photo seem more abstract to fit the abstract concept of love. If love can make something as big as mountains move (metaphorically) then we can get a better understanding of how powerful it really is. 

(3) How did you use punctuation to clarify your message? 
So as like many of my other six word memoirs I chose simplicity in terms of sentence structure and punctuation. In order to convey a powerful message you need to do it in a simple way. If you add too many variable suddenly you are more focused on the presentation rather than the message itself. To give rhythm to my sentence I chose the words make and shake because they rhyme and keep consistency within my memoir. With the sentence I chose I don't think that a comma or exclamation point would have been appropriate because there is no specific place that makes sense to put it. Overall I think it was a good choice to stick with a simple period rather than over complicate things with other punctuation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment