Monday 5 May 2014

Ted event reflection


This past week we attended a Tedx event as a class, which was an interesting experience. Ted talks are known for giving insight on a topic that the speaker is passionate about to the audience. This event was unique in the sense that not every speaker was the most composed and well rounded speaker but each one of came with a message to share. As an avid speaker myself I could empathize with how it feels get on a stage in front of a live audience and share your personal story. It's nerve racking, terrifying, and stressful, just to name a few feelings. This fact alone allowed me to enjoy their talks more rather than just judge their speaking skills. One speaker that stood out to me was Shawn, the little boy who played piano. I believe that music is so powerful and even when words aren't spoken a message can be sent, so seeing someone so young captivate his audience through just the keys of a piano. In general I believe that I gained new perspective by attending this event and am excited to hopefully attend more in the future. This was a great experience and I would encourage other students in the future to attend this event. 

No comments:

Post a Comment