Wednesday 22 October 2014

New season, next chapter


For those of you who have looked at my blog before, you'll know that I used this for creative writing when I was in grade 12. Along side that this blog is a place where I posted my thoughts and views on many different topics. If you want to get a good idea of who I am and what I'm about just take a look back at my posts and I think you'll see pretty quickly the person I strive to be. For those of you who don't know me, I'm Micayla McNaughtan. A recent graduate of high school, an adult now living in the real world with a real world job, and someone who is still deciding what they want to do with the rest of this God given life. Very a soon this blog will be an outlet which I will use to give you guys a glimpse into my life. Now you may think why would I want to read about my life, going to work every day, coming home, sleeping, and repeat. See here's the catch something really exciting happened, and I got accepted to YWAM Las Vegas somewhere I've been dreaming to go for the last 4 years. In a few short months I'll be living in Las Vegas attending a bible college which has a specific focus in human trafficking and abolitionism. I will spend three months in Las Vegas learning, training, and building my relationship with God and from there I will spend the next 3 months overseas applying what I learned. Usually after I explain I am going to bible school in Las Vegas people are like "there is a bible school in Las Vegas?! That's so ironic!" I love when people say that, because it is ironic. When you think about it though it's not the places and people that have it all together that need God it's the places that seem so far away from God, and so broken that they can't be fixed that need His love more than anything. I find that some Christian people (myself included) like to minister to others, but only on their terms and in an environment that they feel comfortable. God never said your life is always going to be comfortable, and easy. God never promised that life will be free of challenges, struggle, and hurt. What God does promise is to guide you and use you in His perfect master plan, and all though we can only see one piece of His puzzle he can see our life from start to finish and knows exactly how He will use us. So here I am, in a few months I'll be in Las Vegas, sin city, attending bible school. It's not going to be easy, it's going to stretch me beyond all boarders that I thought I could never pass, but I'm doing it anyways. Why you may ask? Because I have a trust in God that is unshakeable and even though I don't know all the answers, or all the details of His plan I know that His love for me is never changing and never ending and I will follow Him where ever he chooses to lead me. With all that being said, I hope you all follow my adventure with YWAM, my thoughts leading up to my departure and my trip itself. If you have any questions don't be afriad to ask, and lastly a huge thank you goes out to everyone who has supported me in this journey this far and to everyone who will continue to support me in the future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment